A NEW DAWN, A NEW JOURNEY BEGIN

by - 20 May




"We are meant to keep focused for new life, for new beginnings, for new experiences, and to use our abilities to move beyond all those things that may serve as excuses to confine us to the now." Byron Pulsifer 



There is a divine beauty in letting things go.. Detachment is a healthy process that I feel we must implement in our lives in order to free ourselves from the things (feelings, tasks, or habits) that drain us of our vitality. For me, that task happened to be Instagram. If you haven’t already noticed, I cleared out my ENTIRE Instagram over the weekend. And let me just start by saying that it felt amazing!!
For months I’ve tossed the idea of deleting my Instagram back and forth, and in the process, I became less and less active there. A few times a week turned into once a month, and once a month turned into once every two months.
Clearly, there are more productive ways I could spend my time than on Instagram. But, after evaluating my Instagram account, I found some changes that I could make to (possibly) improve my experience with the app. So, I’ve decided to give it a second chance. If it works out and Instagram becomes a place of inspiration and enjoyment, I’ll stick around. If I lose interest again, I’ll more than likely (unapologetically) pull the plug.
I’m going to take a wild guess and say that I’m not the only one that feels this way. Right? Surely there is someone else out there feeling the same. So I want to share with you why I think I lost interest and what I’m doing to refresh my interest. And maybe (i hope) this post will inspire someone out there in some kind of way.. Or maybe it’s just destined to be a rant : )

IF IT DOESN'T INPIRE YOU, REMOVE IT
As a creative, even the simplest things can cause a creative block, and I’ve learned that the quickest way to work through a block is to get to the root of the issue and eliminate itI’ve also learned that true freedom and expression is on the other side of fear, and on the other side of attachment. So, because I felt that cleansing my Instagram would remove the block, and I feared the thought of doing so, at the same time, I knew that it was essential for me to grow and evolve as a creative.
I realized that I disliked almost all of my grid. Of course, I must have liked what I was publishing at the time, otherwise I wouldn’t have published it (obviously). However, looking back, those posts no longer served a purpose. They didn’t align with my bigger picture, and they no longer inspired me. As humans, our taste and style evolve. It happens. We can either refresh our visual world to follow suit, or we can learn to coexist with it. We all have different perspectives, different goals, and different needs. Whatever works best for you is what you should do. But I knew that I needed a visual refresh.



FOLLOW MY NEW INSTAGRAM @IMJUNUDAN


WHAT I'M WEARING;

SKIRT FROM SP.CASUAL
BLACK BERRET FROM THRIFT STORE
WHITE SHIRT FROM GAIASENADA
BLACK SHADE  FROM THRIFT STORE
 BAG FROM THRIFT STORE
 BOOTS  FROM THRIFT STORE

THANKS
XOXO

JUNUDAN

You May Also Like

0 comments